|Present Perfect / Past Perfect Present Perfect Continuous / Past Perfect Continuous|
- It is already 9:30 PM and I (wait) have been waiting here for over an hour. If John does not get here in the next five minutes, I am going to leave.
- I was really angry at John yesterday. By the time he finally arrived, I (wait) had been waiting for over an hour. I almost left without him.
- Did you hear that Ben was fired last month? He (work) had been working for that import company for more than ten years and he (work) had worked in almost every department. Nobody knew the company like he did.
- I (see) had seen many pictures of the pyramids before I went to Egypt. Pictures of the monuments are very misleading. The pyramids are actually quite small.
- Sarah (climb) has climbed the Matterhorn, (sail) has sailed around the world, and (go) has gone on safari in Kenya. She is such an adventurous person.
- Sarah (climb) had climbed the Matterhorn, (sail) had sailed around the world and (go) had gone on safari in Kenya by the time she turned twenty-five. She (experience)had experienced more by that age than most people do in their entire lives.
- When Melanie came into the office yesterday, her eyes were red and watery. I think she (cry) had been crying.
Present Perfect / Past Perfect Present Perfect Continuous / Past Perfect Continuous
4/ 5Oleh imamprayogopujiono