Senin, 28 September 2015

Present Continuous / Simple Past Present Perfect Continuous / Past Perfect Continuous

My English is really getting better. I (try) have been trying to learn the language since 1985, but only recently have I been able to make some real progress. By the time I started high school in 1988, I (study) had been studying the language for almost three years; however, I was only able to introduce myself and utter a few memorized sentences. For a couple more years, I (struggle) struggled through grammar and vocabulary lessons, which made absolutely no difference. Nothing worked, so I decided to study abroad.

Present Continuous / Simple Past Present Perfect Continuous / Past Perfect Continuous
Present Continuous / Simple Past Present Perfect Continuous / Past Perfect Continuous

I found an exchange program in England that sounded like the perfect answer. I (stay) stayed with a host family for one month. It was a huge disappointment! I (sit) sat there the whole time staring at the host mother and father hoping that there would be some breakthrough. Nothing.

When I returned, I mentioned to a friend that I (have) had been having problems with the language for years. He recommended that I spend a year in an English speaking country. I decided to go abroad again. I (research) researched exchange programs for a couple of weeks and finally decided on a school in the United States.

Well, it worked. I (live) have been living and (study) have been studying in the U.S. for more than two years. I (stay) am staying here for at least another year before I return home. By then, I should be completely fluent.

Related Posts

Present Continuous / Simple Past Present Perfect Continuous / Past Perfect Continuous
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.

1 komentar:

Tulis komentar